Founded by principals from leading North American endowments and foundations, Makena delivers the expertise, scale and operating platform required of global, multi-asset class endowment model investors.
Our objective is to help our clients achieve their long-term investment goals by seeking to deliver superior risk adjusted returns. We believe our core strengths set us apart in the world of endowment investing.
- Significant Scale. With $19 billion in assets under management and a team of approximately 30 investment professionals, our significant scale facilitates our ability to access top-tier investment managers and achieve broad diversification across asset classes, geographies and strategies – all supported by rigorous risk management.
- Pooled Investment Structures. Designed to maximize scale benefits and avoid conflicts, our pooled investment vehicles enable our clients to access multiple investment solutions built upon a single investment process and supported by exacting operational procedures.
- Alignment of Interests. Our firm architecture encourages multi-generational progression and continuous alignment with our clients’ interests. Our team-oriented culture and depth of talent provide the long-term stability critical to endowment investing.
- Distributed Firm Economics. Ongoing alignment is reinforced through significant financial commitments by our team and Board members in the same vehicles in which our clients are invested.
- Fund Governance. Our preeminent Board of Directors provides investment oversight and transparency, and further enhances our global perspective. Meet our Directors »